He arguably is at the origin of movements such as the "seduction community" and the "Pickup artist" community and movement.
- Personal Data
- Trademark Advice
- Eric Weber's Credentials & Experience
- Notable Media Appearances
- Books, Courses and Coaching & Eric Weber Reviews
Personal DataReal Name: Eric Weber
Date of Birth: May 21, 1952 (Age 70)
Affiliated Dating Companies: Independent Author/ No Affiliated Company
Web PresencesTwitter profile: @ericwebers
"It's important to meet a lot of people. It puts dramatically less pressure on forcing any one encounter to become an immediate sexual conquest."
Personal LifeEric Weber is married to his wife (Joanna Weber) with four children.
After starting his career as a writer of 'Pick Up' books he went on to write a novel and over his lifetime has written and packaged over 30 books.
He then became a successful advertising executive in New York - putting his writing talent to use in advert copy. He held the position of Executive Creative Director at Saatchi and Saatchi and Young and Rubicam.
One of his better known advertising achievements was the "I'm a Pepper, You're a Pepper" Dr. Pepper soft drink campaign in the early 1980s.
Two of his books have been made into films - How To Pick Up Girls and the novel Separate Vacations.
He has received numerous industry awards over the years, including a Gold Lion at Cannes.
In 1996 he co-founded the Tenafly Film Company, Inc. to write and direct TV series and films - he continues to work there to this day. At Tenafly, as CEO, he has worked on a series for HBO (SUITS) and some recent films (Second Best, A Jersey Christmas).
Dating Advice CareerEric wrote the first book on how to pick up women, named aptly "How to Pick Up Girls!" in 1973. He says his motivation for writing the book was living in New York city in the 1960s and wanting to get laid.
How to Pick Up Girls! was made into a movie that screened on TV in 1978.
From the 1970s through to the 1990s he published several other books on picking up women, seduction, and making love - the last was published in 1996.
He could be said to be the great grandfather of the seduction and pick up artist communities that grew up and attracted masses of men from the late 1990s and early 2000s.
Eric Weber's Credentials & Experience
Quotes of Praise from other Dating Coaches"Everyone in the community had mentioned his name. He was sort of a spiritual presence that hung over the pickup world...He was Eric Weber, the first modern PUA, the writer of the 1970 book that started it all, How to Pick Up Girls..." - Neil Strauss, author of "The Game".
Notable Media AppearancesEric Weber's book "How to Pickup Girls" was met with a lot of media attention when it was released in the early 1970s. Amongst the fanfare were included:
- "...the best..." - Hustler Magazine
- "...a combination pep talk and battle plan." - Esquire Magazine
- "...tongue-tied guys everywhere learn that even the most gorgeous gals will happily go out with them if only they take a few cues from Eric Weber's now-classic How to Pick Up Girls!" - The New York Times
- "The first guide to modern seduction theory." - Rolling Stone Magazine
- "...the key to a successful pick-up..." - Los Angeles Times
Books, Courses and Coaching & Eric Weber Reviews
Help Us to Improve this Profile
The information in this coach profile and wiki is verified by Dating Skills Review's Editors to be as objective, complete and close to the truth as possible. It was created by Angel Donovan.
Help us improve this profile of Eric Weber by sending us any information you believe to be missing, wrong or lacking detail or good quality images we don't have. Please state sources where possible to make our job easier to verify the correctness of the information.
Contact: [email protected]
"Listen In As We Share The Top Takeaways From The Best Dating Products Ever Created... Shave Years Off Your Learning Curve As You Discover What Really Creates Success With Women"
- Here's just a few things we reveal in this info-packed interview:
- The surefire products that are proven to work - based on 15+ years coaching men to dating success.
- Why we dubbed this one product 'idiot-proof' and how it can transform a woman's reaction to you almost immediately.
- Feel anxious about approaching women? Discover how to bypass that and set up a stream of dates with gorgeous women in as little as 20 minutes a week.