Why We Love: The Nature and Chemistry of Romantic Love
In this book, anthropologist Helen Fisher offers a map of the phenomenon of love based on working with scientists to scan the brains of people recently fallen madly in love. Through the results, Fisher shows how when people fall in love specific areas of the brain "light up" and experience increased blood flow.
Using the data, the book argues that romantic passion is hardwired into our brains via million of years of evolution.
- Kindle eBook
(depending on product format or options purchased)
FeedbackIf you have a question or problem, ask us:
Table of Contents/ List of Topics Covered:
- "What Wild Ecstasy": Being in Love
- Animal Magnetism: Love among the Animals
- Chemistry of Love: Scanning the Brain "in Love"
- Web of Love: Lust, Romance, and Attachment
- "That First Fine Careless Rapture": Who We Choose
- Why We Love: The Evolution of Romantic Love
- Lost Love: Rejection, Despair, and Rage
- Taking Control of Passion: Making Romance Last
- "The Madness of the Gods": The Triumph of Love
What You Get:
Book options include:
- Hardcover $4.43
- Kindle $11.00
- Paperback $14.44
Guarantee / Terms:
See policy of product website