Review Detail

How to Make Girls Chase
Home Study Courses (Books, DVDs, CDs, MP3/ Video)
35 of 41 people found the following review helpful

"Excellent, Encyclopedic Book. Where did this guy come from?"

Overall rating 

Effectiveness 

Ease of Implementation 

Innovativeness 

Packaging/ Customer Service 

Value for Money 

Reviewed by
I just discovered Chase Amante a few days ago and started reading his blogs. After reading several, I thought, "Who the fuck IS this guy? And why have I never heard of him?"

This book, if not entirely original, is comprehensive.
I really don't care that much whether a book on this subject is 100% original.
I care whether it's well-researched (not full of bullshit speculations or anecdotes), well-written, accessible, and can be implemented.
The contents are well-structured from start to finish.

It has a good mix of theory and practice (examples).

I myself have a background in psychology, and by that I do NOT mean I've read a dozen pop-psychology books with catchy titles. I mean I've read dozens, if not hundreds, of peer-reviewed journals on this subject and on the periphery of the subject...so I can't stomach authors (such as Vin Dicarlo) who spit out a load of bullshit and call it "science." Vin may be a great pua and even a great teacher, my complaint is that Dicarlo appeals to "science," and does not cite studies, or maybe cites one study from decades ago.

Anyway, Chase Amante thinks like me. He knows that one study of 10 subjects neither proves nor confirms anything. In his blogs he sometimes cites 4 separate studies to back-up an idea, and even points out possible flaws in the study (such as bias, or other factors which remind us that it's not prove of causality).

Don't trust anyone who appeals to "science," and does not cite any studies...or only gives you some vague details of the study, such as the year and university it was conducted. Trust a guy who cites several studies (even better if they are "meta-studies," which are studies of many other past studies), and who also reminds you not to trust just that study, or reminds you that there may have been flaws such as "but unfortunately it looks as if they didn't use any control group, so we can't be sure other variables weren't at work."

Anyway, I'm digressing.

Disclaimer: I'm only halfway through this 400+ page book. It is fantastic. Usually when I read a book, even a good book, I find myself screaming at the author at mistakes in thinking or writing.
This is different. It's not just good, it's great.

P.S. If you feel that I'm paid or something to write this review (in other words, if you're like me), just look around this site and see for yourself that I've written several reviews, some of them over a year ago. I'm not friends with the author and I'm not paid to write this.
Help other users find the most helpful reviews
Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Written by Brainbuster
July 03, 2013
I just want to add to my review that I didn't mean to criticize Vin Dicarlo's entire book or Dicarlo himself.
I have not read The Attraction Code, except for one tiny bit titled "The Hard Core Science behind Attraction."

I was not impressed. He cited two studies, one from the mid-sixties and one from 1971.

First, my brother is a nuclear physicist, and he (and apparently other scientists) view psychology as a "soft science."

Psychology used to be even softer...in Freud's day psychoanalysis relied on speculation and theory, but no experimentation.
In our day, the field of psychology is almost entirely empirical. You need to take statistics before getting a masters in even social work.

If you were writing your masters thesis as a social worker, you would NOT be permitted to depend on studies from 3 or 4 decades ago. There are thousands of relevant studies conducted every year, and the more recent the study, usually the more rigorous and robust are the conclusions.

There are studies in applied psychology done on "liking," for example. There are entire books filled with studies on "liking," i.e., what influences person A to like person B. I myself have read one such book. Liking is only one factor, and we all should know that girls often fuck guys they dislike.

I read that applied psychology book in the year 2000...and even then it was a very old book, written probably in 1980.

So again, my only criticism of Dicarlo is that he headlined that chapter "The Hardcore Science..." His book may indeed be stellar.

1 results - showing 1 - 1