Review Detail

The Manual: What Women Want and How to Give It to Them
Home Study Courses (Books, DVDs, CDs, MP3/ Video)
10 of 31 people found the following review helpful

"This book really needs to go extinct. "

Overall rating 

Effectiveness 

Ease of Implementation 

Innovativeness 

Packaging/ Customer Service 

Value for Money 

Reviewed by
If you want advice on how to perpetuate the out-dated mentality of how "men should be men" and women "should not speak until spoken to," you don't need this book. Just go have a beer with with your creepy uncle!

The philosophy in this book is to never dress or act in an effeminate manner and to always be selfish and be alpha at all times. He literally likens a woman wearing a scarf to a "pet on a leash."

If this were some universal truth, why then aren't hairy knuckled, blue collar, lunks stripping rock stars of their women with the greatest of ease? Because they are boring! That's why.

Come to think of it, why am I having such a tough time finding infield videos of W. Anton as he demonstrates his ground breaking ideas that being a chauvinist pig is the way to woman's heart. That's not confidence, that's what psychologists would classify as the "Grandiosity Complex" -- putting others down as a way of out-running your own feelings of depression or insecurity.

True confidence is based on having deep feelings of self-worth. A lot of that just comes with life experience but sometimes you just have to believe in yourself for no other reason than "just because." Just shut the f**k up and trust yourself. You're welcome!

"Pretending to be confident" as this author would suggest you do, will only result in incongruent body language that women can spot from a mile away. As inferior as W. Anton would have you believe women are, their ability to pick up on non-verbal social cues blows men completely out of the water! And if they smell bullshit, they will "next" your ass in a heartbeat! This is one on many examples of how reading this book will do your game more harm than good!

I do agree with the idea that all good books on pick up should be rooted in solid theories of evolutionary biology, as this one is, but at the same time, most of this book simply reads as a dumbed down knock-off of the Red Queen.

Matt Ridley, the author of the Red Queen has this to say: "choosiness of human beings in picking their mates has driven the human mind into a history of frenzied expansion for no reason, except that wit, virtuousity, inventiveness and individuality turn other people on."

In other words the secret to attracting women is not about being selfish or alpha or always sitting back with your legs spread to convey cockiness, you just need to become an interesting guy.

In short, although rooted in evolutionary biology, this book really needs to go extinct.
Help other users find the most helpful reviews
Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Written by Mark
July 01, 2013
"The philosophy in this book is to never dress or act in an effeminate manner and to always be selfish and be alpha at all times." - Well part of it is, but the book goes way deeper than merely that. The book teaches how to think like a man part of that is telling you not to act/talk in an effeminate manner rather than doing manly things(eg: going to the gym for example, although going to the gym is good for your health and should be one of your priorities but if you are only doing it on the sole purpose to feel like a man or to impress the girls then you have it all wrong my friend, and you should work on these insecurities ASAP). Also the book talks about treating women as your equal and not to seek approval fro them (Alpha-male attitude) which most guys don't do and end up heart broken because the girl left them for that jerk, if you don't like that then this book is not for you.

"Come to think of it, why am I having such a tough time finding infield videos of W. Anton as he demonstrates his ground breaking ideas that being a chauvinist pig is the way to woman's heart." - As he stats on his site "Because I live what I preach and therefor try to stay away from the spotlight." And I think he has the every right not to want attention if he chooses so. You should read this for more info regarding that: http://www.w-anton.com/about-the-author-w-anton/

"True confidence is based on having deep feelings of self-worth. A lot of that just comes with life experience but sometimes you just have to believe in yourself for no other reason than "just because." Just shut the f**k up and trust yourself. You're welcome!" - True, but the book goes far beyond just that and explains confidence in very great detail.

"Pretending to be confident" - The author never mentioned anything about "pretending to be confident" at all. That is why there is a WHOLE CHAPTER where he explains confidence with very great detail and how to earn it in a healthy way and also not confuse self-esteem with "others-esteem"(if you read the book you will understand what I mean). I never read any PUA book that explains confidence like he did.

"In other words the secret to attracting women is not about being selfish or alpha or always sitting back with your legs spread to convey cockiness, you just need to become an interesting guy." - This last sentence made me laugh to tears. In order to answer this I have to rewrite all of the book here, but I'll try to keep it as short as possible. Look, women are attracted to the alpha-male, the leader, the most confident guy in the room, it was like that since the dawn of humanity and it is still like that and probably will remain like that till the end. The author explains this and more based on the biological facts that he provides in the book. That is why James Bond is an icon of an Alpha Male and countless more examples, why? because they are confident, courageous and people look up to them when in trouble and trust them more than anyone else and all the women want him. That is what an "interesting guy" is in the eyes of women.

Honestly I don't think you read this book or maybe you did but not seriously. I suggestion you read it for the second time but this time with your glasses on.
Written by iceman
July 03, 2013
Your review doesn't make sense. You didnot give a meaningful reason as to why "go extinct".
Written by Brian
November 16, 2015
This guy clearly didn't read the whole book, just skimmed it, or doesn't have very good verbal reasoning skills. I don't have time to dissect how badly he misinterpreted the book, but he clearly didn't understand many concepts. Don't believe this review.
3 results - showing 1 - 3