Review Detail

Mode One
Home Study Courses (Books, DVDs, CDs, MP3/ Video)
5 of 6 people found the following review helpful

"Mostly good."

Overall rating 

Effectiveness 

Ease of Implementation 

Innovativeness 

Packaging/ Customer Service 

Value for Money 

Reviewed by
This book is about being direct and honest with women. It advocates non manipulative approach as a tool to prevent yourself from being manipulated.

Alan Roger Currie and others have had a positive impact on my life. Looking back at who I was and the things I use to let women do to me. Women I was with walking on me without me all the time.......

But there are Three problems with the whole community that has the mindset discussed in this book. Note before I begin, Alan doesn't actually state what I'm about to discuss, this is simply my experience when dealing with others who have implemented this mindset. And so there is no confusion, I implement Alan's mindset in my life with success, it appears Alan does too.

EVERYONE MANIPULATES.
Everyone uses forms of manipulations even if they don't know they are using it. The most anyone can ever come to honesty is to state their agenda, then go after that agenda. Like when I take women to several different Venues, and Kino escalate. My approach could have been "You look so fucking sexy, lets go out for drinks" But rarely ever tell a women that I am Bouncing to make it easier for me to sleep with her. Even when Alan tells everyone in his seminars about PuaHATE.com bashing him, this is a form of manipulation. Everyone does it whether they know it our not. On occasion I meet people who get extra angry when they are accused of being a manipulator, they have a Thin Skin about being criticized by others, which is the opposite of what Alan talks about.

I DON'T HAVE TO TRY IN LIFE, NO NEED FOR SKILLS.
Also I have met many people who are upfront, but don't try to build any skill what so ever. I get away with so much in life and all while being honest, but others who try it fail. And when I recommend they try to increase their skill, all they say is, "No, that is what honesty is for!" Honesty by the way, is not an excuse for laziness.

ANGER AS A PATTERN
And last there is that crowd who believes they should express their negativity whenever it appears. This cause a pattern and I can't tell you how many grumpy as shit HONEST men who are always negative about every little thing. Life for them seems a struggle.

Alan's book is no very organized in general, so if he mentioned one of these three, then I apologize, but these are the commonalities I find with people who apply this book and Radical Honesty.
Help other users find the most helpful reviews
Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering